ALM Dynamic Process Hangs When Using Large Number of Assumptions in Forecast Balance Rule
(Doc ID 2389874.1)
Last updated on MAY 02, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Financial Services Asset Liability Management - Version 8.0.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications (OFSAA)
Oracle Financial Services Asset Liability Management (ALM)
On ALM 8.0.5, ALM New Business Dynamic Process hangs when using Roll Over With Growth % and Roll Over with New Add in the same Forecast Balance Rule. The rule with the large number of assumptions is hanging.
Current Forecast Balance assumption setup:
FBAL_METHOD_CD FBAL_METHOD COUNT(1)
1 No New Business 15746
8 Roll Over with New Add 48
4 Target End 1
2 New Add 24
9 Roll Over With Growth % 181
6 Target Growth 22990
With each New Business Assumption type:
1. Just Target Growth process completes
2. Just No New Business process completes
3. Just Target End completes
4. Just New Add process completes
5. When running the process with above 4 types of method tested individually together, process hangs
6. 8 Roll Over with New Add 48 ---tested as part of POC on 1 record
7. 9 Roll Over With Growth % 181 ---tested as part of POC on 1 record
8. Both: 9 Roll Over With Growth % 181 and 8 Roll Over with New Add 48 --Tested process hangs
Debug logs show last statement as insert on res_dtl:
Module Logging OFS Access module data: insert
insert into RES_DTL_211197(ORG_UNIT_ID, GL_ACCOUNT_ID,
COMMON_COA_ID, PRODUCT_ID, LEGAL_ENTITY_ID, EPM_COA_ID,
iso_currency_cd, result_sys_id, financial_elem_id, scenario_num,
start_date_index, result_type_cd, bucket_001, bucket_002,
bucket_003, bucket_004, bucket_005, bucket_006, bucket_007,
bucket_008, bucket_009, bucket_010, bucket_011, bucket_012,
bucket_013, bucket_014, bucket_015, bucket_016, bucket_017,
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Run ALM Dynamic Process with many new business assumptions defined.
Issue appears to be triggered by multiple roll-over assumptions:
9 Roll Over With Growth % 181 and 8 Roll Over with New Add 48
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!