Menu Options Not Displayed Consistently Based On User Privilege/Menu Privilege Between GUI And RF
(Doc ID 2392251.1)
Last updated on MARCH 12, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Retail Warehouse Management System - Version 12.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On the GUI, when the user's privilege level is less than the menu option privilege, that menu option is not displayed. However on RF, the behavior is different. such menu option is still displayed but grayed out, indicating that they are not active. When menu option for grayed out menu title is selected, it displays "Invalid Menu Option." which is correct. Such unwanted menu options on the RF causes confusion to the cast member. Expectation is that if the case member does not have access to the menu option, that should not be displayed on RF, like done in GUI.
Steps To Recreate:
1. User privilege level set as 4.
2. Have some menu options for GUI set higher than 4.
3. Also have some menu options for RF set higher than 4.
4. Login to both GUI and RF.
5. Note the difference in the menu displayed - on GUI menu options set higher than 4 are not displayed at all and on RF, they are still shown as disabled.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document