Payment Agreement Request Future Schedule Amount Remains as Non-Zero Although Full Payment was Made Successfully
(Doc ID 2393649.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Financial Services Revenue Management and Billing - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On RMB v188.8.131.52.0 against FW v184.108.40.206, Payment Agreement Request Future Schedule Amount remains non zero even though full Payment was made.
In Payment Agreement Request, even if complete Payment is made, Future schedule amount is still having a non zero value.
Note: It only gets updated to zero if a user adds a higher system override date than current ones.
The expectation is that the Future Schedule Amount should be updated to zero since the balance is paid in full.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Created data
• System Date: 01-01-2018
• Customer Name gets created
• Policy Number gets created
2. System Date: 01-27-2018
Account has Debit Invoice with amount $720.00. Bill id: nnnnnnnn7127 with Bill date: 01-27-2018
3. System Date: 02-27-2018
Account has Debit Invoice with amount $360.00. Bill id: nnnnnnnn1566 with Bill date: 02-27-2018
4. System Date: 02-28-2018. Create Payment of $500 for first bill id nnnnnnnn7127. Payment Event id: pppppppp5888
5. System Date: 03-15-2018.
Create Payment Agreement Request
Main Menu -> Credit & Collection -> Payment Agreement Request -> Add Select Payment Agreement Request Type: Payment Plan Single Account > Enter Account id. Click OK.
Payment Agreement Request ID: papapapa0751 gets created in Draft Status
Click Bills Tab. Select both Bill ids. Click Add Button. Click OK on message pop up.
Go to Main Tab and verify that this Bill is added to the Request.
Click Edit Button. Enter pay method: ‘Cheque Payment’ and Payment schedule as follows. Click Save button
Click Submit Button. Status of the Request changes to Approval In Progress
6. Approve the Request. Check Request status. It is in Active Status:
7. Override system date on 03-19-2018
Full Payment made on 03/19 for both the bills. New Payment Event Ids get created
Payment Event id: pppppppp8611 matched to bill id nnnnnnnn7127
Payment Event id: pppppppp3059 matched to bill id nnnnnnnn1566
8. Verify the request: Its Total Unpaid Amount has become 0.00 and Total Future Schedule Amount is displayed as $580.00 ($360+$220 (remaining after #4)
9. Override system date on 03-19-2018
Now execute Batch C1-PAREQ
10. Verify Request. All the bills were made fully paid on 3/19 and after completion of CM-PAREQ job, status changed to Kept Promise.
The issue has the following business impact:
This creates a confusion on the payment amount for users.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document