Oracle Policy Automation Release Schedule and Information
Last updated on MAY 08, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Policy Automation - Version 12.2.9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
1) Are releases named by using a 12.2.9 format or 17D format?
2) OPA 12.2.9 was released in October 2017, yet on the OPA Download there is now a date of Feb 2018. OPA (12.2.10) date has move from from Jan 2018 to April 2018. Can we expect build changes to a version that has been released?
3) When is OPA 18B (12.2.11) expected to be released.
4) Is there a planned release schedule for OPA?
5) How can we trust that the file we download will not be superseded by a newer build file? example. for 12.2.9, I downloaded a file from Oracle in Mid January for a release that was made in October 2017 but a newer build comes out in February 2018?
6) How can we then received the appropriate level of support for a build file that that we download when it may have been superseded?
7) how are new builds communicated for a release?
8) is this release process documented anywhere?
9) What is considered as a stable release? OPA 18A cannot be considered as the stable release as there may still be changes/fixes rolled out as builds Once 18B is made available for download, would this make 18A the stable release while 18B would be considered as a beta release until 18C et.
10) How are patches provided for previous releases? We are rolling out OPA 17D, if we discover a critical problem, how will Oracle provide the fix? Will there be a new build for OAP 17D?
11) What is Oracle's Policy for providing support for previous releases of Private Cloud?
12)Once OPA is deployed, how does one Find the build number from within the deployed files?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms