Getting Error Promote Method Returned Invalid Value For Distributed Transaction or Named User Login Failed - Using Cryptography Key or Attemting Login For New Environment
(Doc ID 2396527.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 05, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Argus Safety - Version 8.1.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Applications Oracle Argus Safety Version: 8.1.2
New Argus 8.1.2 environment cloned from a template instance.
Receiving the below two errors when either trying to reset common user passwords with Cyptography Key Editor or logging into Argus UI as admin user.
* When trying to reset common user passwords via the Cryptography Key Editor, get:
* When trying to login with the "Admin" account using the previously set passwords (known in the template environment) get:
Steps to Replicate
Cryptograpy Key Editor Error:
- Launch Cryptography Key Editor
- Click [Existing]
- Enter password for ARGUSUSER, then appropriate database name and click Login
- Enter "system" for DBA Username and appropriate password, then click Validate
- Tick Re-encrypt and enter passwords for common users
- Click [Execute] and [Yes]
- Receive the below warning
Error "Contact your system administrator InnerException: The Promote method returned an invalid value for the distributed transaction" occurs at this point.
- Log into Argus UI as 'admin' user
- Error appears
New installation cloned from another working environment
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document