DLYPRG - Daily Purge Batch Does Not Delete Item Svc Tables
(Doc ID 2398246.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 16.0.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When purging items with item level higher than transaction level, in order to reuse the code to other items, the SVC tables in RMS are not purged, making the XItem interface failing when reusing the same EAN (item number) under a different SKU item.
XItem is not behaving in the same way as Item Induction process clear the SVC_ITEM_MASTER table before uploading the item.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create and approve an item below transaction levele, using Xitem (item XXX, item_level 3, tran_level 2)
2. Delete item from RMS interface
3. Run dlyprg batch to remove the item from the database
4. Create and approve a new item with Xitem using the previous deleted item number (item XXX)
5. Notice the error message:
Error msg:Record already exists in the staging table for this item. Please delete the record to continue. SVC_ITEM_MASTER
The item XXX exists in SVC_item_master table
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document