One Fixed Price Promotion Per Day Limit Doesn't Work With Simple Customer Segment Promotions
Last updated on MAY 17, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Retail Price Management - Version 16.0.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When RPM is configured with Compounding simple promotion overlap rule, it doesn't allow to approve a second fixed-price simple promotion for the same combination of the item/location/day. But, this Conflict Checking rule doesn't work for the customer segment promotions with the same combination of the item/location/day.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Check that RPM_SYSTEM_OPTIONS.SIMPLE_PROMO_OVERLAP_RULE = 1.
2. Create a simple fixed price promotion for some item and approve it.
3. Create another simple fixed price promotion for the same combination of the item/location/day as used on the Step 3. Try to approve it. Make sure that RPM throws a CC error - "Only one Promotion
4. Component Detail can contain a fixed price retail change."
5. Create a fixed price simple promotion for the customer segment. Approve it.
6. Create another fixed price simple promotion for the same customer segment and the same combination of the item/location/day as used on the Step 5. Try to approve it.
7. Note that it is approved without any error. System should throw a conflict error even for customer segment promotions.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms