Staged Messages are not Marked as "Failed" When a Message's Retry Limit is Reached
(Doc ID 2401859.1)
Last updated on MAY 22, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 16.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Store Inventory Management (SIM), find that, when a message is retry limit is reached, the message still shows as "Retry", rather than "Failed". The failed message count is never incremented and the message does not show when the message UI filter is changed to 'Failed'/
Steps to Recreate:
1. Set the retry limit to 5 for a specific message family in MPS_WORK_TYPE table
2. Ensure that the message fails in SIM database table MPS_STAGED_MESSAGE
3. Let the message be retried for 5 times
4. Log into SIM and navigate to Technical Maintenance -> Staged Messages
5. Find that the failed count still shows as zero, and the retry count shows as 5
6. Change the filter option to "Failed" and try to retrieve the message and find that the message is not shown
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!