Extra Tax Reverted After Rerating Twice
Last updated on JUNE 06, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 188.8.131.52.0 version, Rerating/Rebilling
Rerated adjustment event has reverted a tax charge which is not present in the original charges.
Consider below example :
Customer has purchased a 'Share Plan' and Initial Balance looks like this :
Shared Data (resource id 1002043) = -512MB
Shared Data Cap (resource id 1002505) : 50
rate @ 0.03/MB
Spending limit : 150
1) Create a subscription account_1 with 'Share Plan' which rates at 0.03/MB and provides free shared data (1002043) = -512 MB .
2) Process 600 MB data . 512 MB was deducted from 1002043 resource and rest of the quantity 88 MB is charged at 0.03/MB equal to $2.64. Applies GST 5% and PST 6% tax on the $2.64.
3) Purchase one time product which makes current currency balance cross over the spending limit of 150 .
4) Run re-rating on this account. Re-rating has reverted $2.64 charges from step 2 because customer has already reached spending limit and not supposed to be charged.
5) Purchase one time credit product which lowers current currency balance below the spending limit 150.
6) Run re-rating again. Since customer is under the spending limit, re-rating has charged the event again, i.e. $2.64. Now after verifying the re-rated adjustment event, it is observed that there is an extra GST tax balance impact which reverted -$0.13, which should not be there.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms