ERROR: When Importing XML File "XML is not a valid XML file. Please select a valid file."
(Doc ID 2403578.1)
Last updated on JULY 24, 2019
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 18.104.22.168 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When exporting any project from an 8.4 PPM SQLite database and then attempting to import into 22.214.171.124 EPPM P6 Web an error occurs. When trying to import as a Primavera XML type in P6 Web and choosing the P6 XML file, P6 says the file is not valid. An error occurs. It will
allow the P6 XML file to be imported as a MSP XML but the import will fail as well.
XML is not a valid XML file. Please select a valid file.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Access the P6 Client (SQLite database)
- Open a project and export as a Primavera XML
- Access P6 Web
- Import the XML file (import type is Primavera XML)
- Choose the file
- The error pops up after the P6 XML file is selected
- Now, change the import type to Microsoft Project XML
- Select the file (which is successful)
- Go through the process of importing and notice that the job fails with an error message
Due to this issue, users cannot import an XML file.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document