STKVAR Report Ignores NULL Physical_count_qty, Thus Provides Incorrect Preview of the Adjustments
(Doc ID 2403618.1)
Last updated on MAY 25, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 15.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Report query for the Update Stock On Hand Based on Stock Count Results (STKVAR) batch does not account for the possibility of the physical_count_qty to be null. Hence, it does not display all the Adjustments made if this field were null for one or more records.
As a result, the Report shows a total Adjustment amount of X, which the user approves, but the STKVAR job apples a total Adjustment amount of X + Y, where Y is the amount of all the Adjustments with physical_count_qty as null (which is interpreted as zero).
Steps to Reproduce
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a 'Unit and Amount' stock count, and do all the steps until loading the counted Quantity to RMS.
2. Load the count file to RMS for the stock count, not containing counted Quantities for all the items, with Upload Stock Count (STKUPLD) and Process Stock Count Results (STOCKCOUNTPROCESS).
3. Note the uncounted items have physical count Quantity on the STAKE_SKU_LOC table as null.
4. Validate the STKVAR Adjustments to be made on RMS screen, and then approve them.
5. Run STKVAR and verify that it applies more Adjustments than the ones shown and approved on the Report.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!