Why Overlapping Simple Promotions On Customer Segment Fails Conflict Checking?
Last updated on JUNE 02, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Retail Price Management - Version 16.0.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Retail Price Management(RPM) does not approve overlapping simple promotions defined on Customer Segment.
However, simple promotions defined without customer segment are working fine.
Steps to recreate:
- Create new promo with start date and without end date, add a new simple promo component for an item for some location. Leave the end date empty. Set the new price. Apply to - Regular only. Approve the promo component;
- Create new promo for a new date later than start date of the first promo and also without end date. Add a new simple promo component for the same item and same location. Promotion is approved;
- Add new simple promo component for the customer segment to the first promo. Add a new item and a location. Set a new price. Apply to - Regular only. Approve the promo component;
- Add new simple promo component for the customer segment from the Step 3 to the second promo. Use item/location from the previous step;
- Try to approve this promo component. An CC exception rise in our case.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms