ALC Order Finalize [alcordfn] Deletes All Rows From ALC_HEAD_TEMP Irrespective Of The Order
Last updated on JUNE 04, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Retail Trade Management - Version 13.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The entire data from table ALC_HEAD_TEMP gets deleted whenever a user closes the ALC Order Finalize Window [alcordfn] irrespective of the order_no.
The issue impacts the following scenarios.
The alcordfn window goes blank for other users if they are also working on the same screen at that time.
While deleting the ALC_HEAD_TEMP table, it takes a table level lock and deletes all the records in it.
If at the same time, any other user also closes the screen, then this other user gets error message pop-up - "table ALC_HEAD_TEMP with key values %2, %3 is locked by another user".
(because the table was already locked by the first user for deletion)
The application should only delete the records corresponding to the order_no for which the session is opened.
Steps to Reproduce
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Open the application on and go to the alcordfn window to close the ALC for an Order (Say A).
2. Notice the records in the ALC_HEAD_TEMP table corresponding to Order A.
3. Now go to the alcordfn window for another Order (Say B).
4. Notice the records in the ALC_HEAD_TEMP table corresponding to both Order A and B.
5. Close the Order A without any action.
6. Notice that all the records including the records for Order B get deleted on the ALC_HEAD_TEMP table even though the alcordfn window is still open for Order B on the other session.
7. But, finalize the other Order B that is still open in the different session.
8. Upon clicking the Apply button the window goes blank.
9. Click Ok to see the Order B getting finalized.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms