Custom function expression doesn't work when used with a custom program for mapping on the same table
Last updated on JUNE 06, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Health Sciences Data Management Workbench - Version 2.4.6 to 2.4.7 [Release 2.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
From DMW, Study Configuration, Transformation. When the Transformation Type is Custom, with a Custom Program added and also a custom function is added as an expression on a column, the custom function doesn't run. An example of this kind of set-up is below:
1. create a study
2. create a input data model with e.g. DM Table.
3. create a target data model with e.g. DM1 Table.
4. create a custom PLSQL program (pkg_cust_program) in DMW_UTILS with source code to copy the data from Source (DM) to Target table (DM1) and add the source and target table descriptor and check in the program
5. create an application area, workarea and create a plsql program (pkg_cust_function) with src code having a function to take DM1.col1 as input and return UPPER(DM1.col1). Install the workarea and update usage intent and validation status to Production
6. go to transformation mapping screen and map source and target data models and select the Transformation type as Custom and select the custom pkg and proc created at step 4
7. go to column mapping and map all the columns and select the expression for col1, as the function created at step 5
8. install transformation and load the data in src data model
9. run the transformation job. The Transformation completes successfully, but the custom function (pkg_cust_function) does not appear to have run i.e. DM1.col1 is still lowercase, from the Listings screen
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms