Diameter CCR Request after Quota Breach Terminates the Session
(Doc ID 2408072.1)
Last updated on JUNE 20, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Communications BRM - Elastic Charging Engine - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 22.214.171.124.0 version, Rating business logic
Whenever a redirection rule is triggered, and if next update request (CCR-U) does not have reporting-reason, then ECE is returning Final Unit Indicator (FUI) and Granted-Service-Unit(GSU) while it should return Validity-Time avp with redirection. This is causing the session to terminate.
- Customer has a quota assigned.
- Usages will be going through (and calling CCR-U).
- Once the final quota is reserved, it will trigger an FUI with the final unit action as REDIRECT. The URL also will be set.
- There will be another update request (CCR-U) to report the final used units. In this, the expected response is CCA with the Validity-Time (Without FUI and GSU).
- However, this CCA is reporting FUI with final unit action as TERMINATE. It also gives back zero GSU.
- If the FUI is triggered with TERMINATE and with zero GSU, then the session will be terminated, hence redirection is not possible.
CCA should return Validity-Time AVP
1. Purchase a product which grants 50MB and configure usage rate plan/discount to consume data.
2. Configure ECE to reserve minimum quota as 10MB
3. Configure ECE to redirect session upon FUI. Sample redirect config is shown below :
((@fui AND (@productType == 'TelcoGsm')) AND (getObject('oracle.communication.brm.charging.rating.RedirectionContext#request/eventType') == 'EventDelayedSessionTelcoGprs')) => [redirect_type:'URL',redirect_address:’https://www.my.com/’,redirect_validity:'3600'];
4. Send CCR-U and do usage for 45MB
5. Send CCR-U for another 10MB. ECE responds with CCA GSU=5MB, and FUI as REDIRECT, and redirect url is set, and validity time=3600
6. Send another CCR-U with Used units as 5MB
7. In this case, the expected response is CCA with the Validity-Time (Without FUI and GSU).
8. But currently this CCA is reporting FUI with final unit action as TERMINATE. It also gives back zero GSU and no validity-time.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document