Users Cannot Login to Web Callbacks If Their Accounts Were First Marked as External
Last updated on JUNE 18, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Network Management System - Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.0 [Release 2.3]
Oracle Network Management for Utilities - DMS - Version 22.214.171.124.0 to 126.96.36.199.0 [Release 2.3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Web Callbacks not working
A set of user accounts were created via the Configuration Assistant and they were mistakenly marked as external users. Shortly there-after, the "External User" flag was cleared for each account (via the Configuration Assistant), however the operators were still unable to log in to Web Callbacks.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a new user (via Configuration Assistant) and mark it External. Give it Web Callback access.
2. Restart JMService
3. Attempt to login to Web Callbacks
4. Get the Invalid Username or password error
5. In Configuration Assistant, uncheck the External User box
6. Attempt to login to Web Callbacks
7. Get the Invalid Username or password error
8. Restart JMService
9. Attempt to login to Web Callbacks
10. Login is successful
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms