Feeder and Substation Information Disappear from Message Area in Viewer when Device Attributes Tool Opened
Last updated on JUNE 29, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Network Management System - Version 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168.0 [Release 1.12 to 2.3]
Oracle Network Management for Utilities - DMS - Version 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199.0 [Release 1.12 to 2.3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When the Device Attributes tool is opened for a device, the Message Area of the viewer clears out the Feeder and Substation information.
It is expected that the Device Name should be followed by the Feeder and Substation information in parentheses.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log into NMS 1.12 and navigate to Viewer.
2. Search and select a device (e.g. Switch or Transformer)
3. Note the Viewer footer displays the Device Name and Feeder and Substation are displayed in parentheses.
4. Open the Control Tool for the device.
5. Note the Viewer footer continues to display the Feeder & Sub (See attached 1.12 Control Tool image.)
6. Open the Attributes dialog box.
7. Review the footer contents.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms