Unable To Reference ScreenMath MV In Error Message Using $$$*$$$ Unless SM Is Above ActionEvent
(Doc ID 2409047.1)
Last updated on MARCH 25, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Insurance Policy Administration J2EE - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 188.8.131.52 version, General
Unable to reference ScreenMath MV in Error Message using $$$*$$$ unless SM is above ActionEvent in the Event section. If you have an OnSubmit event with multiple MathSections you need to have the Math section that has the Error value you plan on referencing directly above the ActionSet in the event tag. If you do not have the MathSection directly above the ActionSet the app will crash on clicking 'Ok' saying it cannot find the MV you are trying to use in the error message. We are using 184.108.40.206
We do not have to put Math tags directly above the ActionSet in the Event tag
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Create an activity that has an OnSubmit event
2) Create multiple math sections to be reference in OnSubmit event tag
2a) Have a MV to use in an error message
3) In the event tag put the Math section that has the Error message in it first followed by the second math you created and finally have the ActionSet last
4) In the ActionSet have a condition that displays an error using the $$$*$$$ notation with the MV coming from the first ScreenMath
5) Add the activity in the app such that the OnSubmit will trigger and notice it will crash
The issue has the following business impact:
Have to structure configuration in such a way that allows app to not crash for users.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document