ORA-00001 Error Is Received When ORPOS It Trying to Persist a Store Credit Issue Transaction
(Doc ID 2411905.1)
Last updated on JUNE 26, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 13.4.8 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Point-of-Service (ORPOS), the following ORA-00001 error is received when attempting to persist a store credit issue transaction to the store database;
Steps to Recreate:
1. Do a normal sale, and observe the AS_WS.EXT_ID_UNQ value in the server log for this transaction, this should be your initial value.
2. Bring the Store Server down to simulate the network issue.
3. Tender 3 return with no receipt transactions with 3 new store credit refunds.
4. Take a backup of the .ser files to simulate the timing issue.
5. Bring the store Server up again.
6. Ring an item on the sale screen.
7. Put the .ser files back again in the TransactionQueue.
8. Tender the sale transaction.
9. Now tender a new store credit refund transaction and notice that it fails.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!