Container Id is Truncated on some Screens on the SIM Handheld
(Doc ID 2412942.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 21, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 16.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Store Inventory Management (SIM), find that, on Handheld (HH), the container id's are truncated, if the container id is more than 7 characters in length, when receiving a Direct Store Delivery (DSD) in the totals screen, where as the container id is displayed in container receiving screens.
Steps to Recreate:
1. Sign into SIM Handheld
2. Navigate to Shipping/Receiving > DSD Receiving > Create Receipt
3. Scan barcode of item
4. Select Item Receiving
5. Note: Container ID (SIM261617 in this example) and enter SKU (same SKU as above)
6. Enter a positive quantity (6 in this example) and press Enter
7. Select Total
8. Note: Container ID is truncated and only displays 7 characters instead of 9 (SIM2616 in this example)
9. Select Save
10. Press Enter to continue
11. Select Add Container (again, note Container Summary Screen only displays 7 digits of the Container ID, so this screen appears to look identical to the previous container screen)
12. Select Item Receiving
13. Note full Container ID (SIM261618 in this example) and enter a new SKU
14. Enter a positive quantity (3 in this example) and press Enter
15. Select Total
16. Select Save
17. Press Enter to continue
18. Select Edit Container
19. Note: Container IDs are fully displayed
20. Repeat for PO Delivery (Shipping/Receiving, DSD Receiving, Purchase Order); results are the same
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!