ALM Consolidation Not Picking Up Correct Exchange Rate When EFFECTIVE_FROM_DATE = EFFECTIVE_TO_DATE
(Doc ID 2414466.1)
Last updated on MARCH 25, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Financial Services Asset Liability Management - Version 8.0.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications (OFSAA)
Oracle Financial Services Asset Liability Management (ALM)
On ALM 188.8.131.52.33 Results Consolidation is not working when From Date = To Date for Validated Exchange Rates.
The same works as expected if EFFECTIVE_FROM_DATE < EFFECTIVE_TO_DATE or if EFFECTIVE_TO_DATE is null.
Expect the same behavior for daily loaded exchange rates.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Insert test records as of 07.02.2018 and 05.03.2018 as the ones attached in the file called “Test_Data.xlsx”
2. Create assumptions and ALM process as shown in the files included in “Assumptions.rar”
3. Define exchange rates for USD/TRY for Effective Dates up to 05.03.2018 as in the attached file called “Exchange_Rates_Hist.xlsx”
4. Validate the exchange rates check the attached file called “Exchange_Rates_Validated.xlsx”
5. Run the process as of 05.03.2018
6. Check the results; as we can see in the attached file called “Results_correct.xlsx” the amounts are consolidated
Also, check Exchange Rate Audit output (sheet “ER_Audit”). The forecasted exchange rates are included there.
7. Run the process as of 07.02.2018
8. Check the results; as we can see in the attached file called “Results_incorrect.xlsx” the amounts are not consolidated – they are same as the original currency output.
Note: there is an exception for Scenario 3 which has as forecast method “Direct Input”. For the “Flat” scenarios (1, 4, 5, 6) the amounts are not consolidated while for the “Structured Changed” scenario (2) there is a wrong amount appearing in the consolidated output.
Also, check Exchange Rate Audit output (sheet “ER_Audit”). For example, for the scenarios having “Flat” method the forecasted exchange rate is 1.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document