Data Missing From JOB_NOTES That Was Present In JOBS.OPERATOR_COMMENT
(Doc ID 2415704.1)
Last updated on JULY 09, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Network Management System - Version 22.214.171.124.0 to 126.96.36.199.0 [Release 2.3]
Oracle Network Management for Utilities - DMS - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release 2.3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Data is missing from the JOB_NOTES table that was present in JOBS.OPERATOR_COMMENT
It is understood that the JOBS.OPERATOR_COMMENT contains a concatenated string for expanded data that appears in JOB_NOTES.
In a test case, the data is present in JOBS.OPERATOR_COMMENT but is missing from JOB_NOTES.
This can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Create a NEW outage event
2. Bring up Event Details and add a event note
3. Query jobs and job_notes to verify the content:
select jn.note, j.operator_comment from jobs j, job_notes jn where
j.event_idx = jn.event_idx and
j.event_idx = &EVENT;
4. Add another note (should now have 2 rows in JOB_NOTES and operator_comment is concatenated together
5. Complete the job
6. Add another note to the Operations Event Note. Run the query again.
What is observed is the last update is not saved to JOB_NOTES. It is added in the JOBS.OPERATOR_COMMENT, but the timestamp was missing
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!