RPM Price Injector Creates Duplicate Approved Price Changes
Last updated on JUNE 28, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Retail Price Management - Version 16.0.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 16.0.1 version, Batches
When creating price changes at the zone group level via the injector, if duplicate data is staged, you observe that duplicate price changes are created
You expect only one price change to be approved and the other should fail conflict checking
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Validate RPM_FUTURE_RETAIL has seed record for item = '10280' and '10328'
2. Validate there is no existing price change for item = '10280' and '10328'
3. Populate zone group level price changes.
4. Repeat the item two times with same zone group and effective date and change amount
5. Login to the app server and execute : injectorPriceEventBatch.sh <batch_user>
6. As expected, batch explodes zone group record to zone and approves it.
Note that there are two price change for the same item/zone/effective_date/change amount in approved status.
One is "fake" approved and one is real approved as the real approved one is in RPM_future_retail
7. Pick the price change id for zone 1 and item=10280 and check in RPM_future_retail
Note that we have two approved price change for each item/zone. But there is only one price change id which is in future retail.
Ideally only one price change should have been approved for item/zone/effective_date and the other one should have stayed in conflict check status.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms