When Connecting to P6 from SAP EPC or Another Thrid-Party Application the Error "<Business Object> Has Been Compiled by a More Recent Version of the Java Runtime (Class File Version 51.0)" Occurs
(Doc ID 2417046.1)
Last updated on APRIL 02, 2019
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 22.214.171.124 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to connect SAP EPC to P6 using the Primavera Integration API, the test connection from SAP does not work and the following error occurs.
com/primavera/integration/client/xml/xmlexporter/XMLExporterListener has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 51.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 52.0, Error in operation PrimaveraPingConnection, step Ping
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Install API 15.1.6
2. copy the intgclient.jar to the EPC server
3. Open SAP and go to SAP Enterprise Project Connection
4. On the Configuration Setup page, select Manage Connection with 3rd Party Systems
5. Select Oracle Primavera Connection and Click Next
6. Enter the Path to the intgclient.jar Complete the configuration to reload the jar
7. Test the EPC connection by opening a Web browser and entering the following URL http://<NetWeaver_Host>:<NetWeaver_port>/datapath-web/rest/users/test/services/PrimaveraPingConnection
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document