StoreItemService.ReadItemDetail Web Service Fails When the Diff3 value Is Large
(Doc ID 2417407.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 02, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 16.0.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management (SIM), When attempting to use the StoreItemService.readItemDetail Web Service to request the details of an item that has Diff3 value larger than 10 Characters, the following error message is received; Violated constraint on property diffType3: "size must be between 0 and 10".
Steps to Recreate:
1. Make sure you pick an item that its ITEM.DIFFERENTIATOR_3 is of DIFFERENTIATOR_TYPE that its DESCRIPTION is larger than 10 characters.
Ex: item: ABC
Item.DIFFERENTIATOR_3 where ITEM_ID='ABC' --> 'FG2'
DIFFERENTIATOR.DIFF_TYPE_ID where ID ='FG2' --> 'FGRP'
DIFFERENTIATOR_TYPE.DESCRIPTION where ID ='FGRP' --> 'Family Group' (12 characters > 10)
2. From SIM UI, Lookups -> Item Lookup.
3. Enter 'ABC' in the Item field and hit Search button.
Note that the Item is displayed with no problem.
4. Using SoapUI, Load StoreItemService WSDL.
5. Submit the following request for readItemDetail;
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!