Maximum Non-BOM Reports Results Does Not Work as Expected
Last updated on JULY 05, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Agile Product Collaboration - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Maximum Non-BOM Report Results Limit not working as expected.
Below description is found in Administrator Guide:
Maximum Non-BOM Report Results Limit
Determines maximum number of objects displayed in Agile PLM Standard Reports and in Agile PLM Custom Reports.
This preference is overridden by Full Search Display (FSD) privilege (see Caution).
The upper limit to this field has been increased to 500,000 (a comma is not needed in the field).
Note that the "Export to Excel" feature of search results (in Java Client, from page of Search Results: Export Search Result menu icon > Excel or CSV) regards this Preference: the number in this field limits the maximum number of results exported to Excel or CSV files. (This is not to be confused with this sequence accessed from Business Object: Actions > Microsoft Excel > Export to Excel, which does not use this setting.)
Caution: Users with the FSD privilege see all results of reports; also, all privilege checking is bypassed on users with this privilege when they view report results. Users without the FSD privilege see the maximum number of reports specified in this property.
However, Non-BOM reports generates more rows then specified, also Export to CSV/Excel from search result is not limited with this configuration even testing with user without Full Search Display privilege.
Maximum Non-BOM Report Results Limit to work as expected.
Non-BOM reports not to generate more rows then specified, also Export to CSV/Excel from search result to be limited with this configuration if user does not have Full Search Display privilege.
- Login to Web Client
- Create 10 items, and release with ECO with lifecycle phase Protocol
- Login to Java Client as admin user
- Goto Admin tab > Server Settings > Preferences, and update the value of "Maximum Non-BOM Report Results Limit" to '2' and Save
- Goto User Settings > Privileges > FullSearchDisplay, and disable Full Report Display privilege
- From Java Client, run search with below criteria:
Rev Release Date: (Date released)
- See there are 10 search result
- Export to CSV. Open CSV, see the result is same as step 8 (Not limited to the number defined in "Maximum Non-BOM Report Results Limit")
- Login to Web Client
- Run Item Activity Report
- Keep default layout, and Next
- Set From and To to the date released
- Select Lifecycle Phase protocol, and Run
- See the result shows 10 items (Not limited to the number defined in "Maximum Non-BOM Report Results Limit")
- Export to CSV, see the result is same as step 8 (Not limited to the number defined in "Maximum Non-BOM Report Results Limit")
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms