Adding Dos2unix In Load Profile Adapter
(Doc ID 2420848.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Network Management System - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Oracle Network Management for Utilities - DMS - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 184.108.40.206.0 version, NMS Infrastructure
Adding dos2unix in load profile adapter
Customer recently came across this issue where their load profiles were failed to run as they were transferred from windows side and not converted to unix version. They had to do a dos2unix conversion on the files before loading in NMS database through Load Profile Adapter. Adding a dos2unix conversion option in the load profile adapter itself would benefit customer who falls into this situation.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log in to Web Workspace
2. change director to data_sdge/load_profiles
3. Place a dos version of load profile csv in this directory
4. Run ProfileAdapter command
5. Observe errors in the log due to dos version and extra spaced being added in the file
6. Profiles will not load in the database
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document