ERTs are Not Recorded to ERT_CHANGE_LOG When They are NULL
Last updated on JULY 10, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Network Management for Utilities - DMS - Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.0 [Release 2.3]
Oracle Utilities Network Management System - Version 22.214.171.124.0 to 126.96.36.199.0 [Release 2.3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 188.8.131.52.0 version, Web Workspace
If an operator clears an ERT for an event, that change does not get recorded to the ERT_CHANGE_LOG and EVENT_LOG tables.
Neither does the first update to the ERT after that.
It is expected that all ERT changes should get recorded in the ERT_CHANGE_LOG and EVENT_LOG tables.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Change the EVENTDETAILS_PNL_ERT.inc file so that the ClearErtCommand is called with the parameter 'manual' set to 'true.
2. Use nms-install-config --java to apply configuration change and redeploy cesejb.ear.
3. Log into Web Workspace.
4. Create new or find an existing event.
5. Open Event Details for the event and set ERT.
6. Work Agenda displays the new ERT. ERT source is 'U'.
7. Open Event Log for the event and verify that there is an entry for the ERT change.
8. From Event Details clear the ERT for the event.
9. Work Agenda displays empty ERT. ERT source is 'U'.
10. Open Event Log for the event and verify that there is an entry for the ERT being cleared.
11. Work Agenda displays the new ERT. ERT source is 'U'.
12. Open Event Log for the event and verify that there is an entry for the ERT change.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms