Data is Lost When Copying From P6 Professional and Pasting Into Excel When Data Includes a Web Address With Single Double-Quote.
(Doc ID 2421373.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 29, 2019
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 18.104.22.168 and later
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 22.214.171.124 and later
Primavera P6 Professional Project Management - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
P6 Professional Activities View Project data containing user-defined custom fields containing full web address with a single double-quote, when copied and pasted into Excel, results in lost or missing data including entire Activity rows.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Open Project.
2. Select Activities View.
3. Add 10 columns including an Activity an User-Defined Field.
4. Add text in User-Defined Field containing a full web address with a single double-quote.
5. Select All Activity columns and Copy.
6. Paste copied Activities into Excel.
7. Result: Data pasted after User-Defined field column is missing.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document