File server Service Dies When Log File Is Full
(Doc ID 2421517.1)
Last updated on JULY 10, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Agile Engineering Data Management - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
File server service dies. The logs witch of fms.log, every time log switch takes place, File server service crashes.
- Go to the file server root, adapt the fileserver.cfg file. MaxFileSize=1000, MaxBackupIndex=3, OverwriteOldLogs=yes, StopOnError=yes.
- Shutdown the FileServer services.
- Delete all logfiles in the log sub folder in file server root.
- Start fileserver services.
- Login local java client, then create a file vault.
- Check-in several files with the file vault created above, until the fms.log reaches the size 1000KB. Make sure fms.log is renamed to fms.log_001, and fms.log is created.
- Continue to check-in files, make sure the backup files (fms.log_0001, fms.log_0002, fms.log_0003) are all created in the log folder in file server root.
- Continue to check-in files even the fms.log reaches the size 1000KB, the fms.log_0001 should be updated again.
- Delete fms logs: fms.log_0001, fms.log_0002, fms.log_0003.
- Go back to java client, set default data 'FMS-CLI-DLL' to false.
- Login java web start with the testing user, then redo step 6, 7, 8.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!