Item Assignment Setting Ignored After Attempting Save Preview On Unmodified Design
(Doc ID 2424396.1)
Last updated on JULY 18, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Agile PLM MCAD Connector - Version 3.4.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If a user attempts to perform an Agile Save preview on a design where the CAD model is not considered modified, MCAD will try to perform a "Create and Link" type of operation. Item Assignment Preference is set to: "Link Only" therefore, Agile Items should not be created when checking in Design Objects with MCAD.
Steps to Reproduce
- Open CaxConfig.xml, change as follows:
- Open the Mapping Editor and set up the following mapping:
- Create a new part in the CAD system. Save it locally and open the Save Preview.
- In the Save Preview, verify that a Design number is assigned to the CAD object, but no Item number.
- Press Continue. The save process finishes without errors.
- Perform a modification of the part in the CAD system (e. g. add a sketch). Re-open the Save Preview, verify that no Item number has been assigned.
- Do not perform a modification of the part. Re-open the Save Preview.
Issue: No an Item number is assigned to the CAD object. This only happens when the sync status is "in sync with PLM".
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!