Code Values Do Not Get Brought Into Data Warehouse When The Code Type Name Contains A Long Dash In The Name
(Doc ID 2431521.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 03, 2018
Applies to:Primavera Analytics - Version 22.214.171.124 and later
Primavera Data Warehouse - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a mapped P6 EPPM UDF or Code name contains a long dash, it is stored in the P6 EPPM extended schema as a short dash but the Analytics Administration Application / star Configuration Wizard treats it as a long dash (as it technically should).
This creates a situation where the code or udf name value is inserted into the ETL_PARAMETER table with a long dash, but causes the EXTRACT2STAGING
procedure insert statement to fail on it's match when writing to the associated staging table (for example, with UDFs, W_UDFTYPE_DS) since the
value is stored with a short dash in the extended schema.
In the end:
- The staging tables will not get populated
- The target mapping table for codes/udfs will not get populated
When a long dash is added within P6, it seems to reflect it as a long dash but treats it as a short dash when copy/pasting from the field in P6 and/or selecting the value in the associated table.
The Data Warehouse Analytics Administration Application and star Configuration Wizard will need to do the same thing (treat long dashes as short dashes) so that it is added into ETL_PARAMETER as a short dash allowing the match between both applications.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
Using Project Text UDF as example to reproduce:
- Open MS Word and enter text with a "-" between words. this will convert the short hyphen into a long hyphen.
- Update a Project UDF with the text typed from step 1:
- Login to P6
- Click Administer > Enterprise Data > Projects > Project UDFs
- For a text UDF, copy the text from step 1 and paste into 'User Defined Field' name field
- Save changes
- Map the udf to Analytics:
- Login to the Analytics Admin app
- Browse to datasource > UDFs
- Click Project > Text
- Move the udf to the enabled grouping.
- Save changes
- Execute ETL
- Note that the code values are not present when attempting to execute an analysis
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!