Transfer Shipping Single Doc ID With Multiple Shipments Creates Negative Unavailable/Transfer Reserve
(Doc ID 2432480.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 14, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 16.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When multiple transfers using a single Document ID ship more than the remaining quantity on the final shipment it creates negative on hands in the Unavailable and Transfer Reserve buckets while incorrectly showing the Available SOH.
Steps to Reproduce :
1. Create a transfer document for an item (Navigate to Shipping/Receiving, Transfer, Create Transfer)
a.Destination Type: Store (13801620 to 13801672 in this example)
b.Select Add Item (400006758484; qty 10 in this example)
c.Select Approve and Yes to confirm
2. Note the hold buckets show 10 for unavailable and transfer reserve in this example
3. Create the store to store transfer (13801620 to 13801672 in this example) by navigating to Shipping/Receiving, Transfer Shipment, Create
4. Select Create Container
5. Select Document
6. Select the available document and item and select Apply Items(s)
7. Enter ½ of the quantity remaining for the quantity to ship (5 for this example)
8. Select Confirm
9. Select Dispatch, selecting Yes to confirm
10. Note the hold buckets correctly display 5 in this example
11. Select Create to create a second transfer to the same store
12. Select Create Container
13. Select Document
14. Select the available document and item and select Apply Items(s)
15. Enter a quantity higher than the remaining quantity (8 in this example)
16. Select Confirm
17. Select Dispatch, selecting Yes to confirm
18. Note the hold buckets incorrectly display a negative value (total stock on hand is correct, but Available SOH is incorrect as it should match total stock on hand)
If more than one transfer is required to complete a transfer document ID and a quantity greater than the remaining quantity is entered on the final shipment then the Available SOH, Unavailable, and Transfer Reserved buckets are not accurately recorded. It appears as though the unavailable and transfer reserved buckets are not increased if a higher quantity than requested is entered. Of note, this only occurs when there are multiple transfers for a single document ID. When there is only a single transfer whose quantity entered is greater than the requested/remaining quantity, the buckets record values correctly.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document