Incorrect "Danger! This operation will energize a grounded section" Message When Closing Device Upstream of Partially Grounded Device
(Doc ID 2433956.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 10, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Network Management System - Version 184.108.40.206.0 to 220.127.116.11.0 [Release 2.3]
Oracle Network Management for Utilities - DMS - Version 18.104.22.168.0 to 22.214.171.124.0 [Release 2.3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 126.96.36.199.0 version, Web Workspace
If a switch is partially opened, and the deenergized phases are grounded, closing the grounded phases on any upstream device results in this warning:
DANGER! This operation will energize a grounded section
The issue can be reproduced at will on an OPAL model with the following steps:
- Open BC phases on switch S3120. (Choose Manual when the SCADA options are presented)
- Add a ground on the de-energized side of this switch.
- Open the upstream switch S4510.
- Close the upstream switch S4510.
- The message "DANGER! This operation will energize a grounded section" gets displayed even though no grounded phases will be energized.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!