Invoice Created By BILLING Batch Even Though There Was An Existing Invoice In Pending Status
(Doc ID 2438381.1)
Last updated on MARCH 22, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Financial Services Revenue Management and Billing - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 22.214.171.124.0 version,
Issue: BILLING job created an invoice for a customer that had an existing pending invoice. The validation exists in online billing.
Invoice created by BILLING batch even though there was an existing invoice in Pending Status
We have a production issue where there are customers missing charges for new coverage periods.
Regardless of the mode of billing – BILLING, Online, 3-Batch Billing – the validation for pending bills should be consistent across the application and it should not create a bill for an account if there is a pending bill for the account.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
• Customer Account with Bill Cycle MM13.
• Billable Charge from 01-01-2018 to 12-31-2018.
• On 05/10 - An invoice was created using off schedule Invoice Request with a cut-off date of 04/30/2018.
• Invoice ABC created in Pending Status waiting for Business user to Approve.
• Invoice ABC consists of Bill Segments from January to May.
• On 05/13 on day of the Bill cycle, while there was a pending invoice, the BILLING job created another invoice with June coverage period and froze the invoice.
• On 05/14 Business user rejected the Invoice ABC leading to the pending invoice being deleted.
• This above scenario lead to the Customer being billed only for June coverage period on wards and next Billing run the Billable charge would be billed from July on wards.
• Hence, there is a period from Jan to May for which the customer is not billed.
The issue has the following business impact:
There are lot of customers in Production impacted by this scenario where billable charges are not being billed for prior periods.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document