Number Of Dials Extracted In Message Sent To Mobile Workforce Management from Meter Data Managerment or Customer to Meter Base Contains Decimal Point
(Doc ID 2441075.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 28, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Customer to Meter Base - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Oracle Utilities Meter Data Management - Version 22.214.171.124.0 to 126.96.36.199.0 [Release 2.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Number Of Dials Extracted In Message Sent To Mobile Workforce Management (MWM) from Meter Data Management (MDM) or Customer to Meter Base (C2M) Contains a Decimal Point
When an activity is initiated with activity type configured with "MDM Data Retriever" = D2-ProMDMDtl then the Number of Dials (i.e. total of Left and Right) extracted in Outbound message sent to MWM contains a decimal point.
(Then MWM rejects request because of the decimal point.)
Data Retriever Script D2-ProMDMDtl invokes D2-RetReaDtl script which contains the "math" to calculate the contents of this field:
move "number(D1-Register/numberOfDigitsLeft) + number(D1-Register/numberOfDigitsRight)" to "parm/readingDetails/readingDetailsList[last()]/numberOfDials";
It seems like this element ends up being a number with a decimal point after this step instead of a string.
MWM error 11017/11017
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Set up SP, IE, Device, DC with Scalar MC having 5 digits left and 3 digits right.
2) For Extendable Lookup "D1-FieldTaskType" for Field Task "Cut for NonPayment" make sure MDM Data Retriever is set to "Service Order - Provide MDM Details" which is D2-ProMDMDtl.
3) Create an Activity related to SP/Device above with Activity Type "Field Activity" and Field Task Type of "Cut for Non Payment"
4) The Activity will Create a Communication Outbound.
5) In the Send Detail of Outbound Communication, notice Number of Dials is "8.0":
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot send these messages to MWM successfully without tedious manual intervention.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document