Multiple Shut Off Contacts Are Getting Added In Person Phone Table As A Part Of STOP Service
(Doc ID 2444967.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 22, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing - Version 184.108.40.206.0 to 220.127.116.11.0 [Release 2.6]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On :CCB 18.104.22.168.0 version, CI - Customer Information
Multiple Shut Off Contacts are getting added in Person Phone table as a part of STOP service.
Multiple Shutoff Contacts are getting added when Service agreement (SA) is getting stop for an account having multiple premises and person is also linked to multiple accounts. If multiple services are getting stop for the person linked to multiple accounts over a period of time and user adds a shut off contact as part of each shut off request , It is observed that SAACT is adding multiple shut off contact in person phone table .
This issue was not encountered in Customer Care and billing (CCB) v.2.4, but it is being observed in CCB v.2.6.
This process is keep on adding multiple duplicate contacts if more services are shutting down related to same person under different accounts. If the Person has more number of accounts and more stop services are done on this person this phone number counts are becoming more than 999 and hence system is not able to increment the sequence number more than 999 as it is a 3 digit field.
We are expecting only one shut off contact to be added.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Select ap person who is linked with multiple accounts.
2. Total phone number available for this person is 10.
3. Do a stop service for an Account Id <ACCOUNT ID 1> on same person.
4. Add a Shut-Off Contact for this Stop Request.
5. Total phone number available for this person in Stat/Stop phone override table for above account is 11.
6. Do another stop service for different account on same person. Account Id <ACCOUNT ID 2>
7. Add a Shut-Off Contact for this Stop Request with same shut off number added earlier.
8. Total phone number available for this person in Stat/Stop phone override table for account <ACCOUNT ID 2> is 12.
9. There are 2 SAs in Pending Stop state and waiting for their FA to be completed so that it can be stopped.
10.Complete the one FA and run SAACT so that one of the SA can be stopped.
11. One SA got stopped successfully and 2 shut off contact also got added in person.
12. Now Let’s stop the Other SA by completing the FA and run SAACT .
13. Other SA also got stopped successfully and 1 more shut off contact also got added in person table. Total Count of person phone number reached to 13.
14. Do another stop service for Account Id#000781000 for a different premise on same person.
15. Add a Shut-Off Contact for this Stop Request with same shut off number added earlier.
16. Total phone number available for this person in Stat/Stop phone override table for account <ACCOUNT ID 1> is 14.
17. Let’s complete the one FA and run SAACT so that one of the SA can be stopped.
18. One SA got stopped successfully and 4 shut off contacts got added unexpectedly in person.
Another scenario: When person contacts are linked to active notification preferences and are modified on the Start/Stop page, an error is encountered during SA activation: "Person Contact cannot be deleted as it is linked to an active contact preference".
STEPS TO REPLICATE:
1. Create a person linked to a person contact.
2. Link the person contact to an active notification preference.
3. Attempt so start an SA on the account.
4. Prior to activation, modify the person contact's contact information.
5. Activate the SA. Error is encountered.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document