After Upgrading P6 From V7.0 to R15.2, the New Chinese Characters Convert to Question Marks
(Doc ID 2447644.1)
Last updated on MARCH 22, 2022
Applies to:Primavera P6 Professional Project Management - Version 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 [Release 15.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When upgrading the current P6 V7 to R15.2.0, with the OS still set to the same Locale "Chinese (Simplified, China)", adjusting another project name with Chinese character then logout/log-in went back to showing those new characters as questions marks.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
1. For P6 V7, OS Locale set to Chinese (Simplified, China) and SQL Server collation set to SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS.
2. Log-in P6, add a new project name with Chinese character and then save. Relog-in, it's working properly.
3. Restore SQL Server PMDB to a new SQL Server with the same locale and collation as the original server.
4. Upgrade P6 client and PMDB to R15.2.0
5. The existing Chinese character displayed correctly.
6. Updated or added a new value in the project name column with Chinese Character
7. Logout and then log-in again
8. See the question mark ?? with the new or updated project.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document