Balance Group Is Not Synced With Pipeline Memory Correctly
(Doc ID 2448395.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 26, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management(BRM), 18.104.22.168.0 version, consider the below scenario where it is observed that Balance Group is not synced with pipeline memory correctly.
- Create a discount based on non currency resource (55570033).
- Once the balance of non currency resource is breached, configure discount to give 100% discount on every usage.
- Setup a balance of non currency resource as infinite (Bal(55570033)=99999999999) while creating account. Overwrite balance of non currency resource as 0
- But when checking discount trace, BAL(55570033)=0.0001 is wrongly set for 1st usage after setting limit as 0.0000001.
- This is happening only for 1st usage. From next usage onward, BAL(55570033)=0.0000001 is correctly set. Also, after restarting pipeline before 1st usage, balance of non currency resource is getting set correctly.
- Grant any Credit limit value to non currency resource 55570033. e.g 50
- Track resource 1018057 with every CDR usage.
- Once resource 1018057 reaches to the balance of non currency resource 55570033, this discount will be triggered to give 100% discount on all usages.
As per business requirement, the user has event level rounding as 6dp(decimal precision), item level rounding as 3dp and bill level rounding at 2dp.
Why there is difference in behavior while restarting pipeline and syncing via ifw_sync queue for updating current balance via opcode as it is working fine after pipeline restart? Current behavior is not correct as user cannot restart pipeline in Production before every event. So same needs to be correctly handled with in-memory balance without pipeline restart.
Here in this use-case, since the user has event level rounding as 6dp as per their business requirement, minimum charge applicable for particular usage is 0.000001. User can't set resource balance as 0 as scenario involve giving discount on usage above 0. Hence we are setting minimum balance as 0.0000001 instead of 0.
When BRM is making 18 digit number into 15 digit, it does not round it and hence wrong value is getting synced with pipeline. Is it possible to round that 15 digits while converting?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document