OFSAAI 8.0.6 Highlights and Updates
(Doc ID 2459643.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 04, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Financial Services Price Creation and Discovery - Version 8.0.6 and later
Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications Infrastructure - Version 8.0.6 and later
Oracle Financial Services Profitability Management - Version 8.0.6 and later
Oracle Financial Services Asset Liability Management - Version 8.0.6 and later
Oracle Financial Services Funds Transfer Pricing - Version 8.0.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications (OFSAA)
Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications Infrastructure (OFSAAI)
Oracle Financial Services Enterprise Performance Management (EPM)
Oracle Financial Services Profitability Management (PFT)
Oracle Financial Services Funds Transfer Pricing (FTP)
Oracle Financial Services Asset Liability Management (ALM)
Oracle Financial Services Price Creation and Discovery (PCD) previously known as Oracle Financial Services Pricing Management, Transfer Pricing Component (PRICEMGMT)
Oracle Financial Services Data Foundation (FSDF)
Oracle Financial Services Hedge Management and IFRS Valuations (HM/IFRS)
This document some of the highlights for OFSAAI 8.0.6 major changes and updates that affect EPM Applications. There are some major changes with the OFSAA 8.0.6 release that should be carefully reviewed before installation or upgrade.
This release of OFSAA Application Packs are cumulative of all enhancements and bug fixes done since v126.96.36.199.0 release.
The below information includes some of the highlights of the OFS Advanced Analytical Applications Infrastructure (OFS AAAI) Application Pack 8.0.6 Readme.
- Full OFSAAI 8.0.6 Readme can be found here.
- The OFS Analytical Applications Infrastructure User Guide and OFS Analytical Applications Infrastructure Administration Guide can be found at: https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E60058_01/homepage.htm
- Installation and Upgrade guides for 8.0.6 can be found at: https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E60058_01/install.htm
- 8.0.6 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Secure Configurations can be found in the OFSAA Security Guide available at: https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E61555_01/homepage.htm
The section below includes the following sub-sections:
- Recommended 8.0.6 Patches
- New OFSAAI Features in This Release
- OFSAAI Features De-supported/Deprecated in This Release
- OFSAAI Known Issues/Limitations in This Release
Recommended OFSAAI 8.0.6 Patches
The following patches are recommended to be installed on top of 8.0.6:
- OFSAA 188.8.131.52.0 AAI ML RELEASE #1 184.108.40.206.0 <Patch 28033370>
- OFSAAI CONSOLIDATED ONE-OFF FOR 220.127.116.11.0 RELEASE <Patch 27938294>
New Features in This Release
Following is the list of new features incorporated in this release. For detailed information on usage of these features, see OFS Analytical Applications Infrastructure User Guide 18.104.22.168.0.
1. Data Security and Data Privacy
OFSAA is enhanced with the following features to adhere to Regulations and Privacy Policies with respect to Data Security:
· Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) –TDE is used for encryption at Rest. TDE enables you to encrypt sensitive data, such as Personally Identifiable Information (PII), that you store in tables and tablespaces.
· Data Redaction –Enabling Data Redaction allows you to disguise sensitive data such as Personally Identifiable Information (PII) that your application is accessing in real time.
· File Encryption – User can opt for encryption of the data files used in Data Mapping definitions. A stand-alone File Encryption utility is provided to encrypt and decrypt the Data files.
· Logging - Log format is standardized and can be read by any standard log analysis tool.
For more information on how to enable the above security features, see OFS AAI Administration Guide 22.214.171.124.0.
2. Alta Theme adoption
· Alta theming is adapted across OFSAA screens to provide sharper User Interface (UI) and usability to enhance user experience.
3. OFSAA Landing Page
· OFSAA Landing page shows the available Applications for which a user has access as tiles menu. Tiled view of applications depends on user access to the respective applications.
4. Model Upload
· Support for Oracle Partitioning such as Range Partitions, List Partitions and Hash Partitions for Model Upload using Erwin is introduced.
5. Data Management Tool (DMT)
As part of this release, Data Management Tools User Interface is re-organized and OJET/ALTA theme is adapted for better usability. All metadata in DMT is now persisted in Database instead of XML files.
· DMT definitions are moved from erstwhile XML files to database. DMT Migration utility is provided to migrate metadata for metadata types such as Table based Data Sources, Data Mapping, Data File Mapping, Post Load Changes (DT) and DMT properties XMLs (ETLLoader.properties and Cluster.XML). For more information on DMT Migration utility, see Command Line Utility for DMT Migration section in OFS Analytical Applications Infrastructure User Guide 126.96.36.199.0.
· DMT UI is enhanced to have Summary and Detailed view, with all other standard features like Search/Add/Edit/View/Copy/Delete.
· User Interface is introduced for the DMT Configurations.
· All DMT metadata is Infodom specific.
· Versioning of metadata is supported. Users can use ‘Make Latest’ feature to make any version active.
· Source creation now implicitly does a source model generation. Defining the structure of a Flat File is now mandatory during the creation of Flat File based sources.
· Data Mapping and Data File Mapping screens are now merged.
· An existing OFSAAI Infodom can be used as a Source in the Data Mapping screen.
· Data mapping can also be defined on the UMM Datasets.
· Data Mapping (T2T) and PLC execution can be configured to run in JAVA engine.
· Batch Monitor UI is enhanced to launch specific execution logs against each task
· Batch Framework to provide automated email notification on batch failure
7. Run Rule Framework
· Run executable component is enhanced to optionally pass RRF execution parameters such as $RUNID, $PHID, $EXEID, and $RUNSK to underlying executable shell script abstraction based on flag set as RRFOPT=Y or rrfopt=y.
· Run Framework supports Enterprise RUN, where multiple Information Domain metadata can be stitched together and executed accordingly.
· New Task Execution Log Viewer is introduced. You can download the log file in PDF or Excel format.
9. Business Metadata Management
· OJET/ALTA theme has been adapted for designing User Interface for better usability for Alias, Datasets, Essbase, and Measures.
· Essabase Cube has Summary and Detailed view, with all standard features like Search/Add/Edit/View/Copy/Delete.
· Metadata Resave utility is enhanced to support resave of Essbase Cubes.
· View mapping functionality added in Mapper definitions. It provides information about existing mapping to aide adding new mappings.
· Metadata Browser (MDB) Publish
· For hierarchy, lineage extended to distinguish between entities, alias and derived entities
· For Business processor, lineage extended to show dependency based on the expression of the definition
· Enhanced search capability in hierarchy browser with tree based search results for better usability
10. Process Modelling Framework
· Process Flow designer is enhanced for better UI experience (Mobile first or Persona design philosophy)
· Support for asynchronous and synchronous paths within a process model
· Place holders for static values in attribute expression
· Straight transition line support with additional dotted and dash options in UI
· Introduction of two additional application rules - Advanced Attribute Expression and JSON Path Expression
· Dynamic creation & launching of form to capture drivers/parameters/data-entry for manual activity/task in a process-model (as execution is tracked thru the Process-Monitor)
· REST URL with proxy support as part of Webservices rule
· Support for seeded task-types in PMF – T2T, DT, Run, Type2 Rule, Type3 Rule & Model
· Interface spec to add custom tasks (fully typed with metadata, data/parameters interchange via JSON)
11. Object Migration
· UI based Offline Object Migration is introduced.
· Separate links for Export and Import functionalities
· Summary page lists out existing Export and Import definitions
· Available Objects in the Infodom are displayed as tree based widgets for selecting in the Export and Import Definitions
· Export and Import Definitions can be triggered for migrating objects from the Summary pages
· Audit Logging- Enables audit logging for all operations performed on Platform Objects.
· Execution Logging- Unified location to view all execution logs
· Application Logging- System log format has been standardized. Log file path is changed now.
For more information, see Logging section in OFS AAI Administration Guide 188.8.131.52.0.
13. Security Management System
· Audit reports is enhanced with additional attributes and granularity.
14. Technical Updates
· SAML v3.0 support
· CMIS (Content Management Interoperability Standard) adoption
Features De-supported/Deprecated in This Release
Following features are de-supported from this release:
· Metadata Archive/restore functionality
· Oracle OLAP Cubes
Known Issues/Limitations in This Release
· T2T Java engine does not support Data Mapping definitions with transformations
· Loading of Entities in the Source Entity Selection window in File based Data Source creation and Data Mapping T2F extraction takes more time than expected
· No validation provided for missing Field Orders in File based Data Source creation and Data Mapping T2F extraction
· T2T Java engine execution does not display Event Logs in Batch Monitor
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Recommended OFSAAI 8.0.6 Patches|
|New Features in This Release|
|Features De-supported/Deprecated in This Release|
|Known Issues/Limitations in This Release|