Message "Width exceeds limit of 2880" While Attempting To Increase The Pixel Width For A Table / Pivot Table Above A Value Of 2880
(Doc ID 2460133.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Primavera Analytics - Version 18.104.22.168 and later
Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Primavera Analytics Cloud Service - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Using Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 188.8.131.52.x:
When attempting to set the "maximum width" pixel size for a table / pivot table analysis above 2880 pixels, the following error occurs after clicking OK to close the table properties window:
'Width' exceeds limit of '2880'.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Login to OBIEE
- Click the Catalog link
- Browse to the location of an analysis
- Click the Edit link on an analysis you wish to change the pixel size (generally this is done for table or pivot table visualizations)
- On the Results tab, click the view properties icon (xyz) for the Table (within the Compound Layout area)
- For the Data Viewing grouping:
- Click "Fixed headers with scrolling content"
- Set the Maximum Width = 2880 Pixels
- Click OK to close the properties window
- Repeat step 6, but try to increase the maximum width pixel size above 2880 (for example, 3000)
- Note the following message which displays when clicking OK to close the table properties window: 'Width' exceeds limit of '2880'.
Due to this issue, the pixel size cannot be increased to a value which will allow full display of an analysis when many columns are present in the table view. This causes a scrollbar to display along the width of the analysis to view all data versus allowing a width to be set which can display all data without a scrollbar.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document