Error While Creating the Supplier Site Due to the Custom Validations that are being called as part of Custom Flex Attributes Setup.
(Doc ID 2460406.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 16.0.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Getting below error while trying to create supplier site when the supplier has Custom Flex Attributes(CFA) setup with some custom validations.
"Department attribute mandatory for Order supplier sites. Supplier type attribute mandatory for order supplier sites."
Steps To Recreate:
- Set up Custom Flex Attributes for the Suppliers.
- Navigate to Foundation Data > Suppliers > Manage Suppliers.
- On the research screen, click on the "Add" icon.
- In the pop up displayed, select "Supplier Site" and the Parent supplier.
- Enter necessary information and set the status to ACTIVE.
- Go to More Actions > Address and when the pop up asks if you want to default the parent supplier address to the supplier site say YES.
- As soon as you click on "YES", the error message asking to enter the CFA department and the CFA Supplier Type is displayed.
- The error message should not be displayed at this moment. It should be displayed only when the user tries to SAVE the Supplier site from the main screen.
- If you click on "OK", the Error Pop up is closed, but the Confirmation pop up for the address is still displayed. And even if you click "YES" several times, the pop up stays.
- When the pop up is closed, the address are not defaulted. => This behavior is wrong also. The address should be defaulted since we clicked "Yes".
- Add the Business Address and the Order Address then save and close.
- Go to More Actions > Org Unit.
- Custom validation happens, the error message should not be displayed here but when the user will save the supplier site from the main screen.
- Click OK to close the error message
- The Unit Org Screen remains white and empty. This behavior is wrong. It should display the table and the menu to allow the user to enter the unit org.
- Click on the left tab then again on the Unit Org Tab to display the data in the unit org screen, then add a unit org and save and close. (This is the workaround we found to be able to key in data in the org unit screen).
- On the main supplier site screen, click on save.
- The error message is displayed and this behavior is OK.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document