Event and Item Level Adjustments for Paid Bills Not Working as Expected
(Doc ID 2465546.1)
Last updated on APRIL 01, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On all versions of Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management (BRM), the default out of box behavior does not support the "PaymentDeallocation" feature at item and event adjustment.
Consider a business requirement:
End customers cannot wait until receiving next payment to allocate the adjustment. Once a paid bill (at any level) is adjusted, the end customer is able to ask for a refund (for the amount they overpaid). Based on this, the "PaymentDeallocation" feature needs to be extended to item and event level adjustments.
- Item: For Item adjustment, need the adjustment to be allocated and also de-allocate the payment made to the bill for the same amount.
- Event: For Event adjustment, need the adjustment to be allocated and also de-allocate the payment made to the bill for the same amount.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Enable the parameter BillPaymentDeallocation
2. Create an account on Aug 17, bill in progress = $33
3. Pvt to Sept 17 and run billing, bill = $66
4. Do partial payment of $46 from payment tool, and account balance = $20
5. Do item adjustment for $20 for one of the bill items. Adjustment amount will be remain as unallocated.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document