ORA-01017: Invalid Username/Password While Installing Agile Application Even When the Correct Agile Database Username and Password is Given
(Doc ID 2467268.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 03, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Agile PLM Framework - Version 22.214.171.124 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Unable to proceed on installing Agile with below error:
The Database Connection Failed!
The Agile PLM Installer was not able to connect to the database server. Review the database information you provided
Reason: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied
What is working
Can login to the Agile database from the sqlplus with the same username and password
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Install Agile database, Fusion Middleware
2. Start Agile PLM (9.3.6) installation
3. Follow the instruction in the installation wizard
4. On Agile PLM Database Details screen, give Database User and Database User Password and other required information, and Next
5. On RCU Schema Database Details, give RCU Schema Prefix and RCU Schema Password and other required information, and Next
6. Gets error in the installation wizard
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document