ECE DriverIP And Singleton Processes Problem
(Doc ID 2468481.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 04, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications BRM - Elastic Charging Engine - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- An installation of ECE(Elastic Charging Engine) is made on 4 physical hosts (host1, host2, host3, host4) with two ecs(Elastic Charging Server) nodes on each host.
- There is a need to simulate host1 lost High Availability test scenario.
- On host1, driverIP has been already configured. Note : user has added backupDriverIP to ece.properties using ecc command 'setDriverMachine' on host2 with host2 IP address. User checked ece.properties after command is run and backupDriverIP = <IP> has been added.
- Then all ece processes are stopped by user on host host1 and attempted to start brmgateway process on host2, it is failing.
- Then restart ecs21 (host2) and it does not start. With same configuration, user attempted to start ecs21 (host1) and it is not getting started.
- User attempted to add socket-address and service in charging-coherence-override-dev.xml , these changes does not help.
- User removed backupDriverIP and change driverIP to (host2) it does not help.
- So system has been reverted to initial configuration (with driverIP set to host1 and without backupDriverIP) and all processes are started fine.
How to start singleton ECE processes like pricingUpdater or brmGateway in case of DriverIp host lost (or going down) situation?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document