Resource Assignment Dates Not Updating From Team Member
(Doc ID 2469892.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 18.104.22.168 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Starting an activity that has a future planned and remaining early start. The associated Resource Assignment has the same matching start dates. When entering a start date prior to the activity start, the activity actual start date is entered properly BUT the Resource Assignment actual start date is not updated.
Updating the actual start date in P6 properly updates the start date on the Resource Assignment tab.
Resource Assignment start date should be updated when the date is updated in Team Member
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Log into P6 Web
- Create new project
- Create new activity and assign myself as resource
- Add Predecessor activity
- Schedule Project
- Log into Team Member / Timesheets
- Click on Update Dates
- For activity, change Actual Start Date to be prior to original Planned Start Date
- Go back to P6 Web
- Observe the Actual Start Date is updated with date entered into Timesheets
- Click on the Resource Assignment tab
- Observe the Start Date is still the original Start Date
- Remove the actual (de-progress the activity)
- Change the Actual Start Date in P6 for the same activity to a date prior to original Planned Start Date
- Observe the date on the Activity and Resource Assignment both match the changed date
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, the resource who is starting the activity so they can enter time on the activity in newly entered actual start date column can't because the dates are not updated properly
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document