BCC: CreateItem() Was Called With An Existing ID
(Doc ID 2473490.1)
Last updated on JULY 29, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Commerce Platform - Version 11.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 11.2 version, Content Administration (BCC, Deployment, Versioning, Projects, Workflows)
BCC: createItem() was called with an existing ID
Scenario of bug replication:
1. Enter to Merchandising in BCC, add new SKU
2. Change generated by ATG id to some not unique value: for instance "sku670006" to "notunique10001"
3. Try to save new SKU ("create" button) - id unique validation error will be shown ("id property must be unique") - OK
4. Restore previous id value in ID field: "notunique10001" to "sku670006"
5. Try to save new SKU again ("create" button) - error "There was an error updating this item. See logs for details" - NOT OK
20:40:59,784 ERROR [nucleusNamespace.atg.remote.assetmanager.editor.service.RepositoryAssetService] (http-xxxxxxx) null: atg.repository.RepositoryException: createItem() was called with an existing ID : 'sku670006' for type 'sku'. Use getItemForUpdate() instead.
Note, Attribute showCreationId has to be set on true for SKU elements.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document