Cannot Load CAD Document ; ambigous structure was detected Error
(Doc ID 2476716.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Agile Engineering Data Management - Version 184.108.40.206 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When trying to load certain 3D model in SolidEdge from EDM, below error occurs.
When deleting one of the sub structure document (it does not matter which one), the top assembly document 3d model can be loaded without any error.
Cannot Load CAD Document ; ambigous structure was detected.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login to Java Client
2. Load a specific document
3. Load 3D Model with Solide Edge ST8
Some other scenario to reproduce the error :
1. You need a CAD assembly with 2 sub-assemblies e.g.
2. Then you copy the document DOC-03 with Structure to DOC-04
IMPORTANT: The file from DOC-03 is now linked to DOC-04
3. Now in DOC-10 you replace the structure element DOC-02 with DOC-04
4. When you load the assembly DOC-30 using the function "eci_loa_cax" with ECI-TEST, you will receive the error.
1) Not all 3D Model are getting affected.
2) Error output is coming from Stored Procedure cax_structur_pkg specifically dfm_chk_loc.
SELECT TEXT FROM USER_SOURCE WHERE NAME = 'CAX_STRUCTUR_PKG';
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document