Latest Measurement Data/Time is not Updated when an Estimate Fails Even When there are Actual Subsequent Measurements Finalized
(Doc ID 2478873.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 05, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Meter Data Management - Version 22.214.171.124 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 126.96.36.199 version, Measurement
Periodic Estimation Latest Measurement Data Time.
Periodic estimation created a lot of VEE Exception or Discarded IMD. Periodic estimation process looks at the Latest Measurement Date/Time in MC to determine whether estimation is needed or not. If the estimation failed for some reason and there is good future read, the Latest Measurement Date/Time was never updated. This situation create a lot of VEE Exception or Discarded IMD forever and ever.
Recovery from failed VEE on an estimation IMD
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Run Periodic estimation to produce an Estimate on the day after the Latest Measurement Date/Time.
- Force estimation IMD to fail VEE (set up data such that it will not pass validation and go to Exception state).
- Bring in additional regular IMDs ending 2 days after the Latest Measurement Date/Time.
- The next time Periodic Estimation runs, another IMD is created on the day after the Latest Measurement Date/Time and fails again.
- Notice upon future runs of Periodic Estimation and after many regular daily reads are entered, the same IMD keeps getting created and going to Exception and the Latest Measurement Date/Time stays as it was originally and is never updated to be current.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users believe there is no recovery of the system after a failed estimation.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document