SIM Is Not Subscribing To Item Image Message From RMS (ItemImageRef To ItemImageDEO)
(Doc ID 2481114.1)
Last updated on MARCH 05, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 16.0.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Store Inventory Management (SIM) is not subscribing to all ItemImage messages , the following are the scenarios that have been noticed :
- When an image is added to an existing item in Retail Merchandising System (RMS), SIM does not subscribe to the ItemImageCre messagee.
- When an image attached to an existing item is changed, SIM does not subscribe to the ItemImageMod message.
- When an image attached to an existing item is deleted, SIM does not subscribe to the ItemImageDel message.
- If the image is added to the item at the time of item creation, thenSIM subscribes to the ItemImageCre message, which is part of the ItemCremessage from RMS.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Create a new item in RMS and attach an image to it.
- Find that the ItemCre message coming from RMS contains the image information also.
- Query SIM database table ITEM_IMAGE and find the record for the image.
- Now in RMS, for the same item, change the image.
- Find that RMS publishes an ItemImageMod message.
- Find that SIM does not subscribe to the message from Step 7.
- Now in RMS, for the same item, delete the image.
- Find that RMS publishes an ItemImageDel message
- Find that SIM does not subscribe to the message from Step 8.
- Now, in RMS, find an existing item and add a new image to it.
- Find that RMS publishes an ItemImageCre message, but SIM does not subscribe to it.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document